Suggest treatment for sore throat and laryngitis

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have a slight sore throat, laryngitis, and have couged up a little yellow mucus--about 1 tsp worth so far. I have felt lousy for several days. Because I am a teacher, I need my voice back and am concerned about the yellow mucus--in case it gets worse. What should I do? No fever.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Voice rest is must for laryngitis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Best treatment of laryngitis is voice rest.
So if you can afford to miss few days in school, this will be best.
Along with voice rest, you can should also do warm water gargles 5-6 times a day.
Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself hydrated.
Avoid oily and spicy food. Avoid junk food. Avoid hard to chew food.
If yellow mucus gets worse, you will need antibiotic too.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Thank you. The information is very helpful.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If you are not having further queries, then please close the conversation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
It's always encouraging for doctors to hear positive feedback from patients. Thanks again.
Hope I have solved your query. If you are not having further queries, then please close the conversation and rate my answer.
You can ask me directly on bit.ly/askdrkaushalbhavsar.
Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad