Suggest treatment for sore throat and fever along with nasal congestion in an elderly person
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern concern, I would explain that Azithromicin may increase the risk of cardiac arrhythmia.
From the other hand, considering that you are allergic to erithromycin, a crossed allergic reaction to Azithromicin may occur.
In my opinion, it would be better specify the type of infection before starting an antibiotic.
For this reason it is important performing a throat bacterial culture coupled with antibiogram, in order to identify the proper medical treatment.
Meanwhile, I would recommend using an oral antiseptic daily like a throat sort.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Splenectomy sore throat fever
- Sore throat fever weak
- Vyvanse sore throat fever
- Sore throat nasal congestion red bumps
- Hcg sore throat fever
- Coughing sore throat fever
- Sore throat fever burping
- Sore throat low grade fever nasal congestion
- Suffer from sore throat fever and headache treatment
- Nasal congestion bumps behind tongue sore throat treatment