Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

174 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for side effects caused by Methamphetamine

Answered by
Dr. Rahul Tawde

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1980

Answered : 1 Question

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: hello, i hade 2 nights party with meth, now i took supplements such as alpha lopic acid, other antioxidants, and multivitamin. now i feel tired but i still can't sleep. can i take panadol night?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Panadol is not a sedative

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your concern in the HCM.

I am shocked to learn that you were on meth. It is a very toxic substance, that can cause havoc. It can virtually affect any organ system and the most common is neurotoxicity.

SO PLEASE AVOID THAT AT ANY POINT OF TIME IN YOUR LIFE. If you are a regular consumer, consult a local neuropsychiatrist for deaddiction.

However, regarding your current problem, I can say Paracetamol can help alleviate pain and fever but it is not a sedative. AND you must NOT have sedative after meths. It may put you into coma and can even result in death.

It is good that you have taken multivitamins and antioxidants. If you have bodily pain or headache you can take Panadol.

If you have prolonged insomnia, you shall have to consult a neuropsychiatrist as well to treat sleep cycle disorder caused by meths.

LASTLY, PLEASE AVOID METHS. THIS IS POISONOUS AND DEADLY SUBSTANCE. You are only 28 years of age and you have a long productive life. Please don't destroy that.

If you find my answer helpful, please close the thread and rate my answer.
If you have any queries, please write back.
Dr. Kaushik
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Neurotoxicity

doctor1 MD

I drank half bottle of good night liquid before an hour ago.. I will die or not..??

doctor1 MD

I recently heard that Adderall causes neurotoxic damage to dopamine receptors in the brain knowing this I want to know if there are any supplements that I could take to reduce this kind of neurotoxicity .

doctor1 MD

I ve been taking 90mg of adderall for about 2 years,i recently heard that amphetamines causes neurotoxic damage how would i know if neurotoxicity did occur.

doctor1 MD

Do you know of ANY empirical test demonstrating the safety of substituting fluorosilicic acid (H2SiF6) or sodium silicofluoride (NA2SIF6), now used to replace sodium fluoride (NaF) for over 90% of artificially fluoridated water in the U.S? Do you know of evidence of its neurotoxicity, ranging from acetylcholinesterase inhibition (likely factor in ADHD ) TO higher uptake of lead from environmental sources? See for some of research.