• question-icon

Suggest treatment for shoulder pain

Posted on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Shoulder pain - Doctor said muscle tear and we need to under go a surgey, please could you suggest if we need to or any alternative treatment. If so which hospital / doctor would you recommend in XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
KIMS Hospital in XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for the query

According to the report, you have tear in the Supraspinatus tendon and also a bony spur rubbing on the tendon v such is the cause of the tear.

This requires Arthroscopic key hole surgery to remove this bony spur and also repair the torn muscle.

Usually we advise physiotherapy and strengthening of Rotator cuff with Theraband but in your case the bony spur is an important cause for the tear which needs to be removed.

I suggest you meet Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX at KIMS Hospital in XXXXXXX He has got experience in arthroscopic shoulder Rotator cuff repair surgeries.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon