Suggest treatment for severe sciatica and arthritis
Can be given for 5-7 days.
Thanks for posting your query.
Steroids like methylprednisolone are given for a short term 5-7 days to reduce the inflammation. it is a prescription only medicine and is given if the symptoms are acute and severe. Long term or repeated use of steroids can aggravate osteoarthritis.
it is best to consult your orthopedician and get it prescribed in case he feels it will help in your case.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for Severe sciatica
- Symptoms of Severe sciatica
- Severe sciatica causes
- Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe sciatica
- Diagnosis of Severe sciatica
- Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis
- Suggest treatment for arthritis
- Painkillers for severe sciatica
- Suggest treatment for psorattic arthritis
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?