Suggest treatment for severe pain in the knee

Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My knee hurts when only when I kneel on something regarding how soft the surface is. It feels like I'm kneeling on sharp broken glass.
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hot massages with topical gels and NSAIDs will be helpful else your physician may ask you for X rays , MRI and lab investigation for better management of underlying cause .

Detailed Answer:
Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using healthcaremagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

In my opinion you may have a kind of arthritis or tendinitis which is actually common with aging , overweight , postmenopausal osteoporosis , standing for a long time , bad sitting and sleeping postures .
For my patients i may suggest painkillers like advil tab when needed , hot massages with topical gels , B12 vitamin supplementation will be helpful for most of cases . in some cases steroid tabs or injections are prescribed .
For now you may avoid bending your knees , high salt and protein meal and allow high fluid intake , wearing a knee support and if pain persists i recommend you visit your physician for proper evaluation and management .

Please click and consider a 5 star rating with some positive feedback if the information was helpful. Wish you good health,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T