question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe lower back pain

Posted on Tue, 12 May 2015
Question: I am having a severe lower back ache since 2 days . it was caused due to lifting a heavy object. kindly prescribe some medicine.?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi (17 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
there is possibility of muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have read your query.
There is possibility of lumbar muscle spasm due to lifting of heavy weight.
you can continue your medication of dynapar MR.
Take neurotropic medication like methylcobalamine and gabapentin consulting your doctor.
Physiotherapy plays important role in treatment. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and Tens may give you relief.
do hot fomentation over involved muscle.
If not relieved then you may need clinical examination and further investigation like MRI spine and x ray.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us. I will be happy to answer. Take care.
Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon