Suggest treatment for severe hair loss in centre part of the head

Posted on Mon, 18 Apr 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am suffering from Hair thinning in middle part of the head and also noticed hair fall in winters . Please suggest any way to control this hair fall and improve this hair thinning.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Androgenic alopecia

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Hair fall from central area is mainly androgenic alopecia ( male pattern baldness ).
It can be easily controlled with the use of 5 % minoxidil twice daily and a saw palmetto tablet daily.
Both these medication are safe and effective and easily available over the counter.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist