Suggest treatment for severe cough, wheezing and shortness of breath

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have a deep cough and I'm wheezing. Shortness of breath
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please, take salbutamol spray!

Detailed Answer:

This sounds like an acute asthmatic attack. I suggest you take ventoline (salbutamol) spray. Administer 4puffs. If this fails to relief your symptoms, then go to the hospital immediately.

I hope this helps. I wish you well.Keep me posted about this.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 minute later
I don't have athsma and never did! This cough is causing me to spit up mucus and give me a headache

And I don't have a pump to do that

What should I do
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If you are wheezing, the pump would be brest to make that diagnosis!

Detailed Answer:

Because you have no pump, if the breathing difficulty is much, I will say get to the nearest hospital for evaluation because you have breathing difficulties. However, wheezing always signify constricted airways which is something very common in asthma patients and that's why we would always exclude that first.

For how long have you had this? What is your temperature at this time?

I hope to hear from you on what you have decided to do.......