question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe constipation and numbness around the anus

Posted on Fri, 11 Jun 2021
Question: hi last two month i fored my self to pass gas i lost sentastion will i bowel anus have pooh but other were pooh come the other day was have bowel movment i open ares were the pooh come out i have no bowel movfoment this i damge myself will still have abowel movment i took mialax if not help did i do any damge for what will have i bowel movnent am so scaerd i will need opertion for this ty
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Severe constipation.

Detailed Answer:

You had severe constipation with bloating of the abdomen... you could pass some gas with straining.. so much so to make you tired. Some stools could come out with gas.Now you are afraid about clearing remaining stools out.
*As you could take out gas & a bit of pooh...the passage is open, only motion is too hard to come out... in such cases(I don't think you need any surgery)

- use glycerine suppository for adults (to be inserted deep in anus) ..it may stimulate purgation &sooth then hard stools too.

Use of glycerine ENEMA would do the job in a better way.

*In case there is no relief, please go to ER. They would examine you, get investigations done and provide specific treatment.

I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale (49 minutes later)
but i open part were the pooh come pooh come the same amscared if i hurt my self by do that

want to er yerady they i will be but talk were the pooh come out i used my two finger open part were pooh come out
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale (44 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Explained below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up query.
pooh(stools) come out through an opening in then gut as a diststal part of body...it is called anus... it is quiet spacious. even two fingers cab
n be passed in it (while a doctor examines through it..(Per rectum examination)... so don't be scared.
You can apply a bit of Vasseline there to lubricate& insert glycerine suppository/glycerine syringe cannula yourself. You can call a nurse to help in then beginning.
Consultation of a doctor is a must after they bowels are cleared.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale