Suggest treatment for severe constipation and flatulence

Dr. Pravin Gore

Proctologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Constipation
Question: I have constant constipation and become very gaseous when there is no movement and have to take a laxative to get a movement....I also sometimes feel my stool in the lower intestine and unable to have the urge to pass stool even at this point....what is my problem...
Answered by Dr. Pravin Gore 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Constipation, diagnosis, investigations required

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Went through your concern about constipation.
It is a scientific way to actually find out the main reason for constipation so the treatment becomes targeted resulting in high success rates. For a once in a while constipation, it is ok to take some laxative. If the requirement of laxative is prolonged then better get youraelf evaluated.
1. Ano-Rectal Manometry: to find your rectal sensations and the status of coordination between rectal squeeze and anal relaxation at the time of the act of passing motions.
2. Colonic transit time study: to know which part of your intestine is not working properly.
3. Colonoscopy: to rule out any diverticuli or lumps that are causing obstruction to smooth motions.
4. MRI Defecography: to find whether the rectum is sliding inside itself and blocking the outer passage.
5. Pudendal nerve study: to see whether your nerves are weak or good.
Please visit a Colorectal Surgeon for the above.

We have a constipation clinic at bhatia hospital & Apollo hospital.... XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Would prefer to consult and examine the patient before jumping onto any diagnosis or magical treatment.
Www. YYYYYYY. Com
YYYYYYYe @ YYYYYY. Com
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad