Suggest treatment for severe chest pain
It depends of the pain reason.
Thank you for the query.
It all depends what is the reason of chest pain.
It can be caused by rib nerve irritation (costochondritis), acid reflux disease or even heart issue.
Rib nerve irritation gives sharp, well localized pain which gets more intense when breathing. It can be treated with antiinflammatory medicines (Ibuprophen, Diclophenac) and physical therapy.
Acid reflux disease gives chest burning usually localized in the middle. It gets worse after fatty foods. It can be treated with healthy diet (avoiding fatty foods, coffee, chocolate, orange juices) and medicines (like Omeprasole).
Heart pain usually is burning or squeezing like. It is localized in the left chest and tends to radiate to left arm or jaw. It should be diagnosed by a cardiologist.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe chest pain and shortness of breath
- Diagnosis of severe chest pain
- Treatment and cure for severe chest pain
- Severe chest pain after pregnancy
- Severe chest pain causes
- Dukan diet severe chest pain
- Tuna causes severe chest pain
- Severe chest pain during conjunctivitis
- Severe chest pain during crying
- Symptoms of severe chest pain