Suggest treatment for severe balanitis

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I am having severe Balantitis. For the past 15 days, it is hurting me a lot. Lots of red spots in the head of penis and pain in retracting foreskin. Can't do sex because of this and it is hurting too.

Taken fluxanol 150mg yesterday but nothing happened. Lots of home remedies trying but getting no relief.

Please advise
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information and also images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.
Do you have any history of diabetes?
I would also like to know if there is any recent history of risky sexual encounter? Does your sexual partner also complain of any genital symptoms like vaginal discharge/vulval itching?
What topical /home remedies have you tried?

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe balanitis 3 hours later
Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil, Curd, Clotrimatazole lotion. No risk sex... Had not done sex for past 12 days... No discharge or itching of Vaginal. Here are the images upload

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Candidal balanoposthitis. Oral and topical antifungals

Detailed Answer:
Thank you. I have viewed the images.
It seems like candidal balanoposthitis with perhaps superimposed irritation to home remedies.
Rather than using just plain clotrimazole I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal and steroid combination cream e.g clotrimazole 1% and beclomethasone dipropionate 0.025% (Candid B cream), twice daily for a week.
In addition I suggest you to take an oral antifungal e.g cap. itraconazole 200mg once a day for a week.
These are prescription medications and I advice you to kindly talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.
Clean the area with just plain lukewarm water.. Avoid using anything else including soap and home remedies.