Suggest treatment for severe back pain

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Back Pain
Question: I am now 173cm and I would like to know if I could still grow. My father is 185cm and my mother is 153cm, unfortunately I feel like I could have been 180cm.

In the past, I would always stay up until 1 to 2 o`clock in the morning playing games. Can this be one of the issues that had stopped my growth?

I would also like to know why my back hurts very badly. I used to carry heavy backpacks, around 15-20kg, back home. Everytime I press my back onto the chair, there are clicking sounds everytime. It does not hurt, but it is worrying.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Height can increase by 2-3 cm.

Detailed Answer:
Your height totally depends on your age and in some cases your family average height. At 16, there are chances of increasing your height by 2-3 cm. Drinking milk , stretching and proper sleep can increase your height as the secretion of growth hormone is increased during the sleep specially in the early morning hours.
To produce extra Growth Hormone, develop an effective grow taller exercise program. Scientific studies have shown that the brain releases a larger quantity of GH after aerobic exercises.
Inadequate sleep can affect the growth and working too much on computer can cause a posture related pain in the lower back. The clicking sound can be due to clicking of the joints. Doing back strengthening exercises and proper posture will help in regaining the lost strength of back muscles.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal