Suggest treatment for severe abdominal bloating
It can be an ulcer.
Thank you for the query.
Such symptoms can be caused by some stomach inflammation or ulcer. However such bloating can be also a sign of some narrowing or obstruction in the digestive tract. It can be narrowing due to chronic ulcer for example. It can be also a narrowing in the large intestine caused by some polyp or even a cancer.
Please note that over the age of 50 the risk of colon cancer significantly rises.
I suggest you to do not wait with it. Please consult your doctor. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work and colonoscopy should be done for sure. Gastroscopy should be considered.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Night time abdominal bloating
- Treatment and cure for Abdominal bloating
- Suggest treatment for abdominal bloating after quitting smoking
- Abdominal bloating and cancer
- Severe abdominal bloating and pain
- Upper abdominal bloating
- Abdominal bloating symptoms
- Severe abdominal bloating
- Constant abdominal bloating
- Abdominal bloating, nausea, breathlessness