question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe abdominal bloating

Posted on Mon, 7 Dec 2015
Question: My stomach seems to bloat up after I eat most anything and I bleach and feels like the lining around the stomach area is inflamed. Ulcer perhaps
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (6 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It can be an ulcer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can be caused by some stomach inflammation or ulcer. However such bloating can be also a sign of some narrowing or obstruction in the digestive tract. It can be narrowing due to chronic ulcer for example. It can be also a narrowing in the large intestine caused by some polyp or even a cancer.
Please note that over the age of 50 the risk of colon cancer significantly rises.

I suggest you to do not wait with it. Please consult your doctor. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work and colonoscopy should be done for sure. Gastroscopy should be considered.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon