Suggest treatment for scaling of the scalp skin

Dr. Geeta Sundar

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I believe I have a parasite(s) that filters in and out of my body into my hair. this started after I had head lice and an open sore on my head. I believe I may have already had a parasite in my body but ignored the signs. I can feel when it moves from one side on my hair to another when I comb it. My hair is also darker and oily and has a wet look where I feel and think they are. My hair texture is different and when I comb it, it will stay in the position and has resistance and noticeable movements. I understand this may be Morgellons disease, however these other symptoms I have conflict with Morgellons. Is this a possible parasite? If not, what else could this be and how to get rid of it.
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I have had a look at the picture and Dr XXXXXXX Kini's answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to Health care magic,
I have had a look at the picture and Dr XXXXXXX Kini's answer on causes of your symptoms including Morgellon's disease.
I think it is some kind of allergy leading to scaling.
I will suggest the following---
Your hair is seems dry. Please oil your scalp thoroughly without a vigorous massage. After two hours, apply a good anti dandruf lotion (not shampoo) and gently rub it into scalp. Leave for 20 minutes. Wash with a gentle shampoo.
Follow with conditioner in which mix 1 tsp of black salt (contains sulphur--anti septic, and also removes all scales) is mixed. Again gently rub it into scalp and hair. Repeat twice a week.
Also take--
Omeprazole 20 once a day before a major meal and Fexofenadine 120 once a day anytime for 15 days.
If the response is slow, do consult your doctor for a short course of steroids. It will speed up the cure.
And lastly, much as I hate saying this, it may be anxiety related. And an anxiolytic may also help.
All the best--you can revert back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T