Suggest treatment for ruptured achilles tendon
Surgery needed if more than partial thickness is torn.
Thanks for posting your query.
A ruptured achilles tendon can heal with rest and immobilization if it is a partial rupture and involves less than half of the thickness of the tendon. If the rupture of tendon is more than a partial thickness rupture then surgical repair is necessary. This can be diagnosed after an MRI scan. You can avoid the surgery if your orthopedician is saying so. You will have to provide rest to your foot for proper healing.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for achilles tendon injury
- Nodules on achilles tendon treatment
- Treatment and cure for Achilles tendonitis
- Cramp calf achilles tendon rupture
- Dermatomyositis ruptured achilles tendon
- Bulging achilles tendon treatment
- Is indocin used in the treatment of achilles tendon rupture ?
- Treatment and cure for achilles tendon inflammation
- Treatment of achilles tendon lipomatosis
- Achilles tendon heel pain treatment
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?