Suggest treatment for rib injury

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I seperated my ribs last year and yesterday i did too much and they popped out of place again and it hurts so bad and i went to the er and they looked at me and told me i seperated them and then discharged me in like 10 min after looking at me with no help. what can i do?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
give supportive belt

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have studied your case.
RIb injury can be confirmed by CT scan.
DO CT scan if possible.
Otherwise take rest and give supportive rib belt to avoid excessive rib movement.
Local analgesic patch will help.
Many of my patients get relief with yoga and pranayama, and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX so you can also start that.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question. Take care.
Dr Vaibhav.