• question-icon

Suggest treatment for red bumpy rash in groin area

Posted on Mon, 17 Nov 2014 in Lump
Question: red bumpy rash in groin area.climbing up to belly button.individual bumps
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Few more informations needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX! Good evening. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

A few more information would worth knowing to help you better:

1) For how long this rash has been there in your case ?
2) Does it itch or not ?
3) Did you have a blood sugar test done or not !!
4) Are you under any other chronic medications about which you might not have mentioned here and any specific medicines to which you are allergic to !!

Hope to listen from you soon.

Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems.

Dr Shareef.

Follow up: Dr. M Y Shareef 20 minutes later
several weeks for this rash..does not itch.no blood sugar test.lisinopril and simvastatin are only drugs..
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Might need a personal clinical assessment.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX ! Thanks for your response. My regrets for the delay because of the wee hours of the night over here when you posted your query.

Sometimes body rashes are infrequently reported with simvastatin. Drug reactions can occur sometimes even late. Considering this, if I were your doctor, I would initially treat you with an anti histamine drug, and see the effect and also would talk to your physician for a possible change in your drug to rule out this factor.

Next I would definitely go for a routine blood sugar test of yours both fasting and postprandial, and treat that if positive. This might solve your problem. At the same time, I would not hesitate to refer you to a dermatologist if any of the above measures do not relieve you of your symptoms as this would require a personal clinical assessment of the rashes to decide on further course of related investigations and management.

I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in further management of your problem. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts.

Wishing you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.

Dr. M Y Shareef

General Surgeon