Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Heavy flow during first period with flu like symptoms, bumpy rash on hands and feet post mirena removal. Hormonal imbalance?

I just had my mirena iud removed last month. My first period after has been very heavy and included flu-like symptoms for 2-3 days. I had a fever, back pain , and chills. As soon as the flu-like symptoms stopped, I developed a bumpy rash on my hands and feet. Can this possibly be related to a hormone imbalance or could it be coincidence?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Its more likely to be co-incidence
infection due to iud is unlikely to produce rash
rest be assured everything is allright.

In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Wishing you happy and healthy life

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Answered: Sat, 4 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor