• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for recurring penile infection

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello doctor
I have penile infection for last 4months.i used antfungal cream like dectacort.one week it disappear and appear again.pls help me doctor for solution
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Candidal balanoposthitis with secondary bacterial infection most probably

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM...

I read history and saw the photo. I feel that most probably you may be having candidal balanoposthitis with secondary bacterial infection. You have used dectacort which contains steroid,which is responsible for the relapse. Kindly stop it to apply. You may consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment.

Still, I would suggest...

- oral antifungal like itroconazole 100 mg twice a day for two weeks
- antibiotic like cefalosporin 250 mg thrice a day for week
- antibiotic cream to be applied initially for week followed by antifungal cream like sertaconazole cream

Keep the area dry. Take Sitz bath in dettol water. Improve immunity. Avoid unprotected sex.

I hope this would help.


Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 9 hours later
Thanks doctor
When this infection start before few months i met dermatologist suggest me to fluconozol capsule for two weeks with cream. After two weeks it gone and come back so again two weeks i used fluconozol tablet.and then it was fine .but before yesterday it starts again.pls help me doctor how can i cure this and how can i improve immunity
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
Candidal balanoposthitis

Detailed Answer:

As you said, you were cured with fluconazole, so it is sure that the condition is candidal balanoposthitis.

The problem with you is the recurrence of the disease... You should find out the factors responsible for the relapse.

Probable factors may be .. poor immunity, presence of Candida in sexual partner, poor hygiene, incomplete treatment or internal disease like diabetes mellitus.

I would suggest besides the treatment I gave in previous post,

- to improve immunity, you may take immunomodulator or immunoboosters like levamisole 50 mg daily, healthy and nutritious diet and regular exercise may be done
- treatment of partner with antifungal drugs

- to improve hygiene, daily Sitz bag in dettol containing water

- investigate to find out any internal disease,..if it is found, proper treatment may be done

I hope above tips would be helpful to you.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Answered by
Dr. Ilyas Patel


Practicing since :1982

Answered : 4156 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Penile infection

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...hello i am 19 yr old and i have penile infection (like ulcers,burns...

doctor1 MD

I have pain on the underneath of my penis that started about 2 weeks ago. Looks like a ear. Seems to be just as bad now if not worse even after...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am having a penile infection ....used to have phimosis and I got it treated with betamethasone and maintaining good hygiene.....now I am able...

doctor1 MD

After taking 8 rounds of antibiotics during a period of a year and a half I started to develop symptoms that I found on alternative care sights...

doctor1 MD

I am a diabetic and continously suffer from penile infection in which my foreskin cracks after intercourse. What are the disadvantages and...

doctor1 MD

is tigboderm cream useful for penis infections also i developed black spots on my forehead near hairline which seem not to go ever.pls halp...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

156 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Ilyas Patel
  • Q - Large, pus filled scarred blisters on buttock, raw patch on vagina, bump...

  • Q - Burning and warm skin on left of rib cage, no rash or shingles. What...

  • Q - Have itching around neck, ankles and under the head of the penis....

  • Q - Skin infection since months, itching only during sweating. Diagnosed to...

  • Q - Skin type is oily, want to have fair skin. Which cream shall I use?

  • Q - Having uncontrollable sweat in underarms. What to do?

  • Q - Diabetic. Have red blotches on legs. Suggest

  • Q - Noticed lump in nostril. Report showed moderate leucocytes. What does...

  • Q - Having clusters of painful warts on palm. Prescribe medications?

  • Q - Have bumps on elbow under skin. Having unusual color. What could this be?