Suggest treatment for recurrent yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Gm.. I suffer from BV often and when given medicines to treat I then catch a yeast infection. I had a tub of cream of metro gel and I used it and gave me a yeast infection. I can't to make a doctor appointment due to being busy at work and unable to take time off due to staff availability. I just had my son last july. I am nursing also completely. I need help with what to take to get rid of both infections properly for me and my son?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I understand your health concerns and anxiety about it.
I need to know that if you have diabetes or deranged sugar control and if at all yes then what are the usual sugar values?
In my opinion it suggests either a poor sugar control or deranged immunity because of anaemia.
Other important reason can be that you always take medicines alone and then get infected again from your husband.
So take tablet clotrimozole vaginal pessary 200 mg to be inserted in vagina at night for 3 days and tablet fluconazole 150 mg once a week for 4 weeks and give triokit or ASF kit to your husband.
In this time avoid sexual contact or use condoms.
Also wear a cotton based panties and change it regularly and use vwash perineal hygiene solution daily after bath.
See if this regime works otherwise visit a gynecologist for examination.
Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 24 hours later
is clotrimozole over the counter and fluconazole
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Check with counter

Detailed Answer:
You will have to check with the nearby counter. It is usually available only on prescription.
But take them as advised and I'm quite sure you will be relieved of all the symptoms.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 7 minutes later
you have to a prescription. .I'm unable to make an appointment with my doctor how will I be able to get them
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cannot be used a prescription

Detailed Answer:
You can just try with the nearby chemist and see if they are available over the counter and if not then this is portal is for best clinical advice but cannot generate a prescription for you.