Suggest treatment for recurrent seizures
Long term antiepileptics are essential.
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.
I have gone through the details and understand your concerns. Since he already has had a number of episodes of seizures it is very important to put him on antiepileptics like Valparin. The benefits of the medicine are more important and cannot be done without. Hence you need not get concerned. If the seizures keep occuring, the damage so caused to the brain would be far fetched and in comparison the possible side effects are insignificant. I hope you understand.
I would insist you to keep Midazolam spray handy. In case seizures occur, immediately put 2 puffs in each nostril and that woudl stop the seizure from continuing. Valparin suppository has a faster onset of action but the effect also wears off faster. So continue with oral Valparin for scheduled doses. Suppository can be given if there is high fever and giving oral medicines is a problem.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for recurrent seizure disorder
- Suggest treatment for seizures and neuroglycopenic symptoms
- Treatment and cure for Recurrent seizure
- What treatment is suggested for focal seizure
- Suggest treatment for uncontrollable leg seizures
- Suggest treatment for stress seizures
- Treatment of seizures
- Suggest treatment for tonic clonic seizures
- Suggest treatment for generalized seizure disorder
- Suggest treatment for clonic seizure