Suggest treatment for rectal bleeding after a bowel movement
Go ahead for colonoscopy.
Hi, thanks for the query.
As per the description and the photo, bleeding is from lower parts (colon) that will show as bright red blood.
Have you ever had a colonoscopy done? Even if you have had this test in the last 5 years it might be recommended to repeat it as you are having this bleeding if the stool tests confirm from where are bleeding.
A CBC would be a good test to be done if you suspect bleeding to see if you are developing anaemia as a complication of bleeding and need treatment for it or not.
As you have bright red blood while defecating (passing stools) this might also be due to haemorrhoids which are mostly due to constipation so in meantime please make sure you take extra fibre with diet and drink plenty of water.
if you had any massive rectal bleeding than an urgent visit to a doctor is needed.
I hope this is helpful and answers your questions but please feel free to reply in case any more clarification is needed on this.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rectal bleeding after a poop
- Suggest treatment for constipation and rectal bleeding
- Rectal bleeding before bowel movement
- What causes rectal bleeding after bowel movements
- Rectal bleeding after bowel movement
- Rectal bleeding without bowel movement
- Rectal bleeding between bowel movements
- Treatment and cure for Rectal bleeding
- Rectal bleeding after miscarriage
- Suggest treatment for rectal bleeding