Suggest treatment for radiating pain in the arms and numbness in the finger tips

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain in the area of my right shoulder blade with radiating pain down my arm, with numbness into my finger tips. I have a very physical job and fear I may have pulled muscle the part I'm concerned with is the numbness. By self examination I have located the pain, there are some bouts of nausea. I have been taking 800 motrin every 6 hours and applying a heating pad.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get xray done.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

From symptoms you are explaining, it seems that you are developing cervical spondylosis.

So I advise you to have xray of cervical spine in AP and Lateral view done and send me the report.

I want to see present condition of disc space and vertebrae.

Pain and numbness in your arm or fingers is due to compression of cervical nerve which supply upper limb.

Till then have tab.aceclofenac100mg+thiocolchicoside4mg two times a day, tab.domperidone empty stomach by prescription of your treating doctor as this medicine is not over the counter.

Keep on applying hot packs.

Once pain is relieved nausea will also cured.

Avoid weightlifting, laptop usage as much as you can till pain is relieved.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 6 hours later
Thanks so much Dr. XXXXXXX I have an appointment with my PCP tomorrow, If I may I will inform you of the findings. Again, thank you!
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the response my friend.

God bless.

Enjoy the life.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D