Suggest treatment for pus filled bump on the base of penis

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi I have a pus filled bump on the base if my penis, more where the shaft and balls attach to the main body then actually on the shaft itself. My main question is of course what is it, myself I am leaning more towards a staph infection but would prefer an actual diagnosis, or as close as one as I can get, but my secondary question is if I can still safely have sex with out endangering my partner
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is folliculitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

The lesion is folliculitis. It is infection of hair follicle usually caused by Staphylococcus aureus. You can still safely have sex with your partner.

I would suggest you the following
1. Antibiotics : Co-Amoxiclav
2. Local antibiotic: Mupirocin ointment applied thrice a day
3. Anti-inflammatory: Ibuprofen

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh