What causes discharge of pus through the urethra?

certainly doctor
i have a query
i am experiencing a kind of urinary tract infection. i first noticed a pus like substance oozing out of my urethra. I am advised to to take Norflox 400mg twice daily for 5 days and also do routine urine tests and culture test. I took the tabs but gave for the test after finishing the course of 5 days. the test results showed negative for bacterial presence. for the first three days i felt difference and from the fourth day again pus came. so again i did the test by taking the sample of pus. It was reported that i have staphylococcus aureus infection and prescribed Glevo 500 mg twice daily for 5 days. What i have to do? Please suggest me.
Fri, 28 Jun 2019

There can be due to inadequate dose intake, drug resistance, simultaneous presence of sexually transmitted infection as chlamydia, diabetes or else.

I recommend undertaking a urine culture with a swab test of urethral discharge for finding the root cause and manage accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon