Suggest treatment for profuse sweating
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that excessive sweating may be caused by several reasons including:
- abnormally increased thyroid glands function,
- chronic anxiety disorders and panic attacks,
- several inflammatory/infectious diseases (even in the absence of increased temperature),
- chronic bronchopulmonary disorders,
- excessive obesity,
- blood electrolytes disorder, like increased calcium level, etc.
But, excessive sweating may be caused also by primary axillary hyperhidrosis, which is generally a chronic condition (generally there is a positive similar history, sweating is symmetric, may be released during sleeping, etc.).
Coming to this point, if the sweating persists I would recommend discussing with your attending doctor on the possibility of investigating potential secondary causes of excessive sweating. Some medical tests are necessary:
- complete blood count,
- PCR & ESR,
- thyroid hormone levels,
- blood electrolytes level,
- chest X ray study,
If suspicions about any specific disorder are raised, additional tests may be necessary.
First of all, it is necessary to consider optimizing the physical conditions of your living environment (room temperature, humidity, sufficient air ventilation, etc.).
An optimal body hydration by taking plenty of fresh fluids (nonalcoholic drinks) is advisable to replace water losses.
You need to discuss with your attending doctor on the above mentioned issues.
In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Profuse sweating and shaking
- Profuse sweating and liver disease
- Treatment and cure for Profuse sweating
- Profuse sweat on chest at night
- Emergency reasons for profuse sweating
- Tightness in chest and profuse sweating
- Profuse sweating no fever
- Lightheadedness profuse sweating exercise
- Profuse sweating have chills dry cough sinus infection suggest
- Profuse sweating during sleep dizziness weakness eating disorder suggestions
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?