Suggest treatment for plantar fasciitis

Question
Aug. 2011- slipped and broke distal fibula on L ankle. Ended up having surgery on it. About 2 weeks ago when I went to bed and stretched my legs. Must have been the way I stretched but I felt almost like a tear/pull feeling to medial side of L ankle. I still have that sensation once in awhile. Today when I went to take a shower I noticed a small soft raised area on top of foot below big toe (in the middle of foot) and some mild swelling to medial side of ankle. need to checked? I also have plantar fasciitis in that foot.
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
NEED MOBILITY EXAM TO DECIDE TO REPEAT X RAYS.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Fibula fractures once treated have an excellent prognosis, though complications are a part of all procedures.
you need to take a dose of Nsaids right away to decrease the inflammation that you observe.
Mobility of your joints and the overall pain assessment needs to be done via clinical exam so that if there is any significant disability then repeat AP and LATERAL views x rays should be done immediately.
If that is not the case then you may continue with the Nsaids for such episodes.

As for the PLANTAR FASCITIS, there are many approaches starting with the simplest of wait and see with conservative pain relief for 2 months AND THEN ROUTINE FOLLOW UP.

plantar fasciitis workup must include an initial plain radiograph to exclude a bony tumour or fracture.
a common finding is a bony calcaneal spur.

other TREATMENT MODALITIES INCLUDE include
CORTICOSTEROID ULTRASOUND GUIDED LOCAL INJECTIONS
EXTRACORPOREAL SHOCKWAVE THERAPY
FASCIOTOMY
SPLINTS AND ORTHOSES
PHYSIOTHERAPY

Hope you get better.
let me know if you have any query if not please close the conversation and rate my answer.
have a nice day
thanx