Can spurs of the feet cause headaches and pain the thighs, back and shoulder?

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hi, my mum has calcium spurs in her feet. recently she has been complaining of headaches and pain throughout her body like, thighs, back, shoulder. blood works shows no indications. I am concerrned if it could be related to her spurs in her feet.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Calcaneal spur is not related to her body pains.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
Calcaneal spurs in heels are quite common finding. They are sometimes the cause of pain in the heel . But they do not cause body aches as your mother is suffering.
For your mother's pain you should consult orthopedic surgeon of general physician.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng