Suggest treatment for persistent severe pain and lumps behind right knee
Possible exacerbation of rheumatoid arthritis.
I understand your concern.
You possibly seem to have a flare up of arthritis most like rheumatoid arthritis/RA.
It can present with subcutaneous nodules known as rheumatoid nodules.
I advise you to have the following tests.
Erythrocyte sedimentation rate
C-reactive protein level
Complete blood count
Rheumatoid factor assay
Anti nuclear antibody assay
Anti−CCP/cyclic citrullinated peptide assays.
These test detect the severity of arthritis and pave way for new treatment modalities.
Also an x ray both knees in AP and Lateral view is advocated to document the presence of these nodules.
Hyperthyroidism and hypertension will not cause such symptoms.
Meanwhile in order to control pain you need to take tab diclofenac 50 mg every 8th hourly.
The definitive management consists of taking Methotrexate and sulphasalizine in documented cases of RA..
Please note these drugs have to be taken only under strict medical prescription.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe pain lithotripsy treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe pain under the breast
- Suggest remedy for severe pain in the knee
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in shoulders
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in hip joints
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in kneecap
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the clitoris
- Severe pain in left knee
- Treatment and cure for severe pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to dengenerative scoliosis