Suggest treatment for persistent pain in the groin area

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Lump
Question: I have pain in groin area. Has been going on for about 4-6 weeks now. I had a ultra sound done in that area and everything came up negative. Did minimal stretching today and it got worse so I stopped. My work is very active so its always day to day. I have been wrapping up both legs with waist and have been wearing compression shorts but whenever it seems to be getting better, it seems like it gets worse than the day before. Could it be just a pulled/torn groin or something else like pubic osteitis?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Inguinal hernia has to be excluded.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
If pain is present in the groin region and extending to the testis , Inguinal hernia has to be excluded. In small hernias,the sac will not be seen clearly and by Clinical examination only,it can be diagnosed.
If the pain is related to bone,ultrasound is not useful.X ray/CT scan should be taken.
You should consult a Surgeon and proceed further.
I prescribe skeletal muscle relaxant tablet containing Thiocolchicoside 4mg twice daily to my patients with similar complaints.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy