Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

171 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for persistent pain in the groin area

Answered by
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1995

Answered : 2332 Questions

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Lump
Question: I have pain in groin area. Has been going on for about 4-6 weeks now. I had a ultra sound done in that area and everything came up negative. Did minimal stretching today and it got worse so I stopped. My work is very active so its always day to day. I have been wrapping up both legs with waist and have been wearing compression shorts but whenever it seems to be getting better, it seems like it gets worse than the day before. Could it be just a pulled/torn groin or something else like pubic osteitis?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Inguinal hernia has to be excluded.

Detailed Answer:
If pain is present in the groin region and extending to the testis , Inguinal hernia has to be excluded. In small hernias,the sac will not be seen clearly and by Clinical examination only,it can be diagnosed.
If the pain is related to bone,ultrasound is not useful.X ray/CT scan should be taken.
You should consult a Surgeon and proceed further.
I prescribe skeletal muscle relaxant tablet containing Thiocolchicoside 4mg twice daily to my patients with similar complaints.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Ct scan

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a partial vision loss - probably a TIA - what will happen when I go to the emergency room?? YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My father undergone Electrical cardioversion treatment due to having severe Atrial Fibrilation (AF). Needless to say the treatment did not work after 4 attempts and they have prescribed him various medications to control the rate of the heart. We...

doctor1 MD

I got real dizzy and kinda lost tempory balance and experienced double vision but only for 30 seconds, twice yesterday. I am in good health at 78 years old and very active. eat healthy, Take a staten and low dose blood pressure and lots of vits daily

doctor1 MD

Sir, My right side floating rib hits somewhere and I am having pain while moving side to side when I sleep. Feels like the rib is hitting some organs or the muscles where may be some inflammation. I have taken X-ray , gone through CT-Scan and Lever test and as per the direction of a hospital but they could not find out anything wrong. I am 53 year old.