Suggest treatment for persistent lower abdominal pain

Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Sir
I had lower abdomen pain 5 days back and i went and had tendercoconut and i flushed out and later i had mild pain . Now i face passing gas little difficult and when ever i have food i feel little diacomfort and only after motion i feel free. Some discomfort in my abdomen is there. I dont know why. I always worry about my health and mainly cancer. I even had motion routine it was normal and urine normal. What will be the reason for my discomfert cancer in color or rectum like that. Pls help me.
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibly sensitive stomach and some infection causing this pain

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Thank you for your query.
I can understand your concern.

Possibly you have a sensitive stomach and some infection causing this pain few days back.
It's unlikely to be colon cancer as your symptoms duration is short, you have no history of bleeding in stools or loss of weight or appetite recently.

Please get the stools examined (routine & microscopic analysis) in a reputed lab for 3days and check the report. After that you might need a course of anti-helmenthic or colonoscopy if blood is positive.

Also avoid stress. Ensure adequate fluid intake. Go for regular walk. Meanwhile you Can have a probiotic like VSL #3 once a day (please check with your pharmacy if available over the counter).

Hope this answers your questions. Feel free to get back in case of any further queries.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Happy to help

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 5 hours later
Sir
I made a stool routine 5 days back and i have atavhed the report. I reg have a fear of cancer. Pls give me a solution.loss of appetite will be reg of i have afear. Now what i feel is whenever i have some thing in my anus once i go for rest room it get releived.
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Do not worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for your query
Well need to do two more stool reports also
Very unlikely you have cancer don't worry. Get stool occult blood done to Alley your anxiety.
Try and follow the suggestions given earlier and see how you feel.
Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 2 days later
Hi
Thanks for your support
Dr i am now fealing more better. Only one prob what inface now is usualy i empty my bowl in one short but now i empty in 2 short and even go by afternoon after my lunch. No blood all and normal motion. What may b the reason. I had my eys burning day before yst and then ystd morning i had lower abdomenie pain on my waist level and took one drotin ds in morning and by afternoon today asof now i dont have pain. .
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.
Well need to increase water intake and fiber intake.
Can try having bananas, curd and butter milk and see how you feel.
Some times after infection intestine can stay sensitive for few days to month. Also do not strain for stools that can cause perianal symptoms.
Best wishes.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 42 hours later
Sir
No constupation or stool is there in my stool. No pain in abdomen when i press my abdomen but some discomfort. One small dought motion without blood is not a cancer na. Sime time cosistency changes in my bowl ie not ribbion type but little thin.doni have to worry for that. Pls help me
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Very unlikely to be cancer don't worry but do get your stool occult blood tested on two occasions.
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 45 minutes later
Sir
Realy thanks for reply. I have one more prob now. I have pain in my anus tip. I went and met my gp. She made my recum exam the pain was on my tip on spinalboan side and she said looks like swell. No blood from swell. Its there for more than 15 days. If i apply anovite i feel better after applying it the swell reduces inthin and pain get reduced. What can i do to come out of it. As reg fear of cancer on anus has come back. Inhad fishers already .
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Unlikely to be cancer swelling
Must be some inflammation there wait of the treatment response for a week or so if symptoms persist or worsen then can get examined by a gastroenterologist or surgeon any if deemed necessary he might ask for an Mri of pelvis.
Could be a small fissure in ano also.
Avoid straining for stools it's very important.
Wish you a speedy recovery

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy