Suggest treatment for pernicious anemia

Posted on Tue, 8 Nov 2016 in Blood Disorders
Question: Hi Doc--I'm a 67 year old male in Australia.I was diagnosed with Pernicious Aenemia about 20 years ago and I get a B12 shot every 3 months which controls my B12 levels.A few months after my diagnosis I noted that I was getting a severe anal irritation and wass prescribed Hydrozole by my MD to fight the irritation.My pernicious aenemia and the irritation were not linked by my GP.After several years (with no loss in the irritation) I talked to a Chemist ,who had studied Pernicious Aenemia for her thesis ,finally made the link(something to do with Enzymes????).My irritation persists.What do you recko???---XXXX
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Both are related.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

In pernicious anemia there is low gastric acidity. low amount of hydrochloric acid in digestive juice leads to indigestion and this type of indigested food leads to anal irritation.

So definitely anal irritation is related to your pernicious anemia. Continue your treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.
Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist