What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
Most likely allergic or fungal.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query
Most commonly moisture from sweat cause itching and rashes.Anal area is very prone to fungal infection. If the anal skin stays wet, the skin begins to break down.Infections such as pinworms, yeast, and genital warts can cause itching with rashes.
However it can be allergic also,The skin around your anus may be sensitive to anything that comes in contact with it such as toilet paper, underwear washed with certain detergents or skin that has too much moisture.
Allergic rashes can also cause anal itching and/or irritation.
Pinworm and yeast infections can also be a cause of anal irritation and itching.
Stool microscopic investigation.
Please attach a clear high resolution pic of rash.
Take antiallergic like Allegra 120mg once daily.
Use Clotrimazole topical preparations(over the counter) twice daily.
Keep anal area dry,Use antifungal powder.
Follow up with picture of rash.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes recurrance of red rash on face and neck
- What causes red rashes in a diabetic and glaucoma patient
- What could cause red rashes on butt cheek
- What causes itchy red rash on the penis
- What causes painful red rashes around the testicles
- What causes red rash on thighs
- What causes red rash near left ear
- What is causing pain swelling and red rashes in breast
- What could cause red rashes on the penis gland
- What causes itchy big red rash on shoulder blade
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?