Suggest treatment for peri-arthritis of shoulders with diaberic neuropathy

Dr. Satish Kumar

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Now I am using Olmesar H40 for Blood pressure , Zoryl MP2 for diabetic , Electrixin 100mg. for thyrod since 5years above. Now My B.P 130/90 and suger lable Fast.. 160/ P.P230
Now I am started injection NUROKIND GOLD 2ml today for weakness , Kindly advise me about the dose and advise any other alternative medicine for me .
Answered by Dr. Satish Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A tight blood sugar control is required.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mrs. XXXXXXX

Going through your history and reports it appears that you are having Peri-Arthritis of your shoulders with probably Diaberic Painful Neuropathy in the background of uncontrolled sugar levels and satisfactory status of BP and Thyroid status.

Now, before we conclude at the above diagnosis, it is important that a clinician has excluded a potentially more serious cause for arm pain, that is Ischaemic Heart Disease.

In order to do that we shuld know whether your pain increases by physical effort like climbing stairs, or becomes worse by lifting arms above your head. Does pressing around your shoulders hurt too much?
If your pain doesn't aggravate by walking particularly up stairs and is made worse by movement of arms beyond certain limit, Frozen Shoulder (Periarthritis) is more likely.

However, you must see a Physician / Cardiologistto get some investigations like an ECG or a TMT to exclude heart disease.

Now, if it has been ruled out then apart from just getting VitaminB12 injections, a tight control of Diabetes, if necessary with Insulin, is more important. Also, you may have to do some graded shoulder exercise under supervision of some physiotherapist.

I hope this information would be useful for you.

As per the policies of this website, prescribing medicines and deciding doses without actually seeing a patient physically is not desirable.

Wishing you a speedy recovery..
- Dr. Satish.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj