Suggest treatment for painful shingles
Acyclovir or other antiviral if it is shingles.
Thank You for posting on HealthcareMagic.
Is this your first episode of shingles? If you really have shingles you need to make sure and to start antiviral drugs such as Acyclovir as soon as possible. Benadryl or any other antihistaminic will not help.
Please keep in mind that, it can be shingles only when it involves half the body, head or chest. To verify it, you need to check with a dermatologist or infectious disease specialist and s/he will take scrubbing material from your skin and analyze it under the microscope.
If you have other question, please feel free to post them.
Is it half
Is it on the first of the body that you are having?
Is it involving half the head, that means only the left or only the right side?
Could you please post/upload a picture of it? You can simply attach it to the reports section of this web-page.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Shingles pain treatment homeopathic
- Treatment for shingles nerve pain
- Suggest treatment for recurring shingles
- Treatment for shingles pain
- Suggest treatment for shingles in my eye
- What treatment is suggested for shingles
- Treatment for post shingles pain
- Shingles and dental treatment
- Post neurotic shingles pain treatment
- Shingles treatment with diabetic patient
- What causes disorientation while on Phenytoin?
- What causes low platelet and hemoglobin counts while treating dengue?
- What causes bleeding from scrotum?
- Are Tegaderm wound dressings breathable?
- What causes pain in the left upper thigh?
- What causes severe abdominal pain?
- How can a wound on the side of the toe be treated?
- What causes blood in mucus along with cold?
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip causing green phlegm in the throat
- How can a lump on the back be treated?