Suggest treatment for pain in the arms

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: I have pain on both of my arms. The pain is more prevalent why I try to grip something. What is the most likely cause?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely tendonitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be most likely due to tendonitis. Taking NSAIDs like ibuprofen ( motrin ) for short term like 1 week and warm compress will be helpful to relieve this. You can also apply NSAID gels like diclofenac or ketoprofen locally.
If there is no improvement then better to go for nerve conduction study to rule out any possibility of nerve compression.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D