Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

131 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for pain caused by seperated ribs

Answered by
Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Practicing since :1997

Answered : 1619 Questions

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I seperated my ribs last year and yesterday i did it again and i have pain meds cause i have no doctor and the er i was going to doesnt help me they just look at me then discharge me with in 10 mins of be just getting back into a room

I dont have pain meds cause i have no doctor. the pain is so bad im throwing up and am really dizzy
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Rib belt/tapping helps in seperated ribs

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your suffering carefully and my suggestion would be-
1. Rib belt/Tapping of the slipped rib area. If nothing is available you may wrap a 6 inch broad cloth around the painful area. Avoid cough and anything that make the matter worse.
2. Slipping Rib Syndrome is caused by weakness of the sternocostal, costochondral, or costovertebral ligaments. Prolotherapy will strengthen these ligament junctions in all the areas where the ribs are hyper XXXXXXX
3. I would recommend taking vitamin C - maybe 250 milligrams - twice a day for a month to help the body make new connective tissue. Also try topical application of Traumeel Cream, a homeopathic preparation that relieves pain and stimulates healing of areas of injury, especially joints.
4. You may visit the ER if nothing works up for you.

Hope this helps and I shall be glad to answer any further query.
Take care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Treatment/Therapy ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Connective tissue

doctor1 MD

As I was sitting at work I got a fluttering/vibration feeling in the back of my head and felt like I was going to pass out. I also felt like I saw stars. I am alittle shaky, however, I have eaten lunch today and don't have any other medical conditions other then a mixed connective tissue disease. Is this something to be concerned about?

doctor1 MD

I have Ehler-Danlos (hybermobile) type and now have an extremely high CRP rat 34.4 (I believe anything over 7 is a concern). I've had 4 shoulder replacements. My orthopedic surgeon aspirated some fluid from the joint/prosthesis and has ruled out an infection there. Now my familiy doctor doesn't seem concerned at all with a 34.4 CRP reading but I am! I am 53 years old and have a lot of other symptoms as well, but my main concern right now is that my extremely high CRP may indicate something that should be treated right away - like cancer or lupus. There have been no tests ordered and I feel very confused about how much I should push my doctor to investigate this. By the way, my CRP has been elevated from a shoulder infection prior -- then it was only at 12 -- now at 34.4 that seems very frightening to me. My high sensitivity CRP test put me in the "average" range for heart disease. Do you have any suggestions for me?

doctor1 MD

Hello. I've been having trouble keeping my eyes open and focused. I had a sinus infection which was treated but this has been happening before that. I keep yawning and feel as if I don't have enough oxygen and my face feels tight and constricted.

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, Last couple of days I noticed a hard solid hemorrhoid formed in the anus area. Its a size of pea and there is no pain fortunately. I am not sure what it is and I am not sure if it is a hemorrhoid. It is solid and when I touch it, it is...

doctor1 MD

I've had joint pain several years along with joint swelling, swollen joints. My family Dr did blood test my ANA positiv,cpr high, sed rate 45. I gave mouth sores and buturfly rash .

doctor1 MD

Hi I have Mixed Connective tissue Disease, Hypothyroid, Pernicious Anemia and a few other minor illnesses. For the past few months I have been having loose bowels 2-3 times every morning. I have been having some pain in my upper right abdomen that spreads to back. Also fevers at times. What could this be? Thank You Age-53 Wt. -150 Ht.-5'5

doctor1 MD

Hi there...I am currently being tested for Interstitial Lung disease related to connective tissue in the uterus. I have no breathing problems, but suffer from chest pain and joint ache related to my hormonal cycle. I am 39, 120 pds, in the gym every day! If I do have this, is it treatable? Is it life threatening?