Suggest treatment for pain caused by seperated ribs

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I seperated my ribs last year and yesterday i did it again and i have pain meds cause i have no doctor and the er i was going to doesnt help me they just look at me then discharge me with in 10 mins of be just getting back into a room

I dont have pain meds cause i have no doctor. the pain is so bad im throwing up and am really dizzy
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Rib belt/tapping helps in seperated ribs

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your suffering carefully and my suggestion would be-
1. Rib belt/Tapping of the slipped rib area. If nothing is available you may wrap a 6 inch broad cloth around the painful area. Avoid cough and anything that make the matter worse.
2. Slipping Rib Syndrome is caused by weakness of the sternocostal, costochondral, or costovertebral ligaments. Prolotherapy will strengthen these ligament junctions in all the areas where the ribs are hyper XXXXXXX
3. I would recommend taking vitamin C - maybe 250 milligrams - twice a day for a month to help the body make new connective tissue. Also try topical application of Traumeel Cream, a homeopathic preparation that relieves pain and stimulates healing of areas of injury, especially joints.
4. You may visit the ER if nothing works up for you.

Hope this helps and I shall be glad to answer any further query.