Suggest treatment for osteomyelitis
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Osteomyelitis is difficult to treat in a person with diabetes.
The best prognosis would be if the blood sugar is well controlled and the antibiotics are very effective and that any pus collection is drained.
If he is unfit for general anesthesia, the doctors would consult the anesthesiologist regarding a regional anesthesia where the surgery on the leg may be done without a general anesthesia.
Hope the doctors would be able to control the infection and save the limb.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Zyvox osteomyelitis duration of treatment
- Treatment and cure for maxillary osteomyelitis
- Osteomyelitis treatment
- Treatment and cure for acute osteomyelitis
- Osteomyelitis of the jaw treatment
- Treatment and cure for discovertebral osteomyelitis
- Osteomyelitis of the mandible treatment
- Treatment and cure for cervical osteomyelitis
- Is ceftin used in the treatment of osteomyelitis ?
- Chronic osteomyelitis treatment guidelines