Suggest treatment for severe anxiety while on Xanax
One mg xanax unlikely to affect your respiration at this stage
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concern.
First of all I feel one mg of xanax unlikely to cause respiratory problem after 10 years of use. I understand that it is side effect of xanax but that is applicable during initial few days or weeks and never after 10 years.
Fortunately there develops no tolerance to anti anxiety effect of xanax and I feel this medication is likely to smoothen your scheduled surgery experience.
Since it is bladder surgery they will most likely prefer regional anesthesia which again will be plus point for you to sense anything abnormal with your body during procedure.
I hope this assists you.
If you have more questions feel free to ask me.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks and regards.
I think you should search for counsellor
Thanks for reverting back to me with vital details.
With available new information, I am of the opinion that before you go for surgery the time should be utilized to manage phobia. There are various psychotherapies available which includes systemic desensitization, cognitive behavior therapy among others. The two months is almost adequate to have eight weekly sessions which are often required for management of phobia.
I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.
You are welcome
Thanks for reverting back to me.
I am glad to know that information was relevant and useful for you.
Feel free to write back to me anytime when there is need.
In addition please close the session and rate the session for my future patients.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for severe indigestion due to anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety followed by chest discomfort
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for adhdrls and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatments for anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe depression anxiety adhd and ptsd
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?