Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis

Question
i have been diagnosed wit osteoarthritis and the doctor (endocrinologist) has recomended Prolia. I have also a diagnosis of Barretts esophagus. I take arimidex (6 years now)
had breast removed. I fear the side effects of Prolia. I am 74 years old and fear falling and fractures. My oncologist told me that the serious side effects of Prolia is 1 out of 100 persons. Am I being overly concerned about the side effects for Prolia.
Sun, 3 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Eni 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are being overly concerned

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'am,
From what you describe, I can understand that you have gone through many diseases and that you have had a lot to do with medicine and their side effects.
Now your concern is about osteoporosis, and its danger of fractures, which can lead to very serious conditions. Your doctor (endocrinologist) has suggested you Prolia, which is a new biologic drug, and which has been working miracles in patients with osteoporosis.
As you may know very well, every drug has side effects, but the decision if to use the drug is made after weighing the gains against the side effects, and in your case, the best decision suggested by your doctor is the use of the drug Prolia.
I would second his opinion, since Prolia has serious effects in 1 out of 100 patients, and on the other hand, the benefits from this therapy are considerable.
It is normal to overact sometimes to new medication added to the ones that you already have, and it is normal to make an informed decision about the drugs you want to use.
I hope I have helped you with my answer. If you have any other question, please write me. Wish you health!
Manoku Eni M.D.