Suggest treatment for obstructive sleep apnea

Posted on Fri, 5 Aug 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: When I'm lying down and my teeth fall a certain way shut I can not breathe out I can breathe in but must move my teeth or open mouth to breathe
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Obstructive sleep apnea, nasal dilators, surgery,

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.

As far as the difficulty in breathing while sleeping is concerned, it can be because of the obstructive sleep apnea. Nothing to be panic, consult an ENT surgeon or an oral physician and get it evaluated. If it is diagnosed as obstructive sleep apnea then it can be treated with nasal dilators, or by using continuous positive pressure airway machine or by surgery.

It had nothing to with your position or alignment of teeth. So consult a good oral physician or ENT surgeon and get it evaluated.

I hope I have answered your query. if you have any queries reply me back.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery