Suggest treatment for nocturia while suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Are there any VALID supplements for prostate XXXXXXX out there at a reasonable price? I really really want to sleep all night without getting up 4 or 5 times. I am on Tamsuloslin but that does not help that.

Are there any VALID supplements for this condition on the market that is not a SCAM?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There are no supplements that can reduce size of Prostate

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have nocturia due to enlarged Prostate .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) What is the size of the prostate detected and post void residual urine reported on Ultrasound Scanning ?
2) Is there isolated enlargement of median lobe of prostate?

There are no supplemets that can reduce the size of prostate and reduce obstructive voiding symptoms due to enlarged prostate .

In a given situation with severe nocturia that is affecting quality of your life I would suggest you to consult qualified urologist Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.

It would be better if you get your enlarged prostate by an endoscopic surgery of TURP .

This is a simple surgery and helps to be free from all obstructive voiding symptoms and helps to impreove quality of life .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana