Suggest treatment for nausea, frequent bowel movement and right-sided pain below rib

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello Doctor,

My name is XXXX and i am 36 years old. Since 10 or 15 days i have the below symptom:

1) Since 15 days, Vomating sensation. If i eat little i feel stomach is full and no appetite.
2) since 3 or 4 months i have to go to rest room 2 to 3 times to pass the stool. Before 3 or 4 months it was normal. I used to go in morning only once.
3) No feverish feeling. No weekness feeling.
4) Some time i feel pain in my knee then i take Dolo 650. and also in my right side in between rib and stomach (mid part) a dull ache feeling something

This Saturday i have done with some basic examniation just to identify if i have any problems. I have done with the below check ups and attached the report for your review.
1) Urine Test
2) KFT
3) Ultra sound Abodmin
4) CBP

I have atatched the same for your reveiw. Kindly look into the reports and please advise me what causing me vomating sensation is it acidiy or somethig else?

Is there any further test or medication is required. Appreciate your advise.

Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 minutes later
I have attached the report already
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
IBS is likely diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail and i understand your concern.
Following are the positive findings in your investigations:
1. Fatty Liver Grade-1 - Just weight reduction is required. Get a Liver Function test done.
2. Small renal calculi- No particular treatment required and you just need to drink plenty of water.
3. Protein in urine- a repeat test should be performed, as kidney;s are normal in ultrasound and kidney function tests are normal.
From your history, you seem to be suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
However, IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion. Get a thyroid profile done, if not done yet and if all investigations are normal then you are probably suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
In case you ever have had blood or mucous in stools, you require to get Colonoscopy to rule out any evidence of Inflammatory bowel disease.
For IBS, i advice following to my patients:
1. A proton pump inhibitor like Pantoprazole and Rabeprazole with domperidone.
2. To take soft, bland diet.
3. You can take Smooth Muscle Relaxant like Mebeverine for stomach pain, in case you have.
4. In refractory cases drugs like chlordiazepoxide and clidinium bromide can be used, if the condition is not responding.
This is my opinion for you based on the available details. I have tried my best to provide you all relevant investigations. However, if you have any further query, please ask me.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy
Dr Anshul Varshney, MD
Dr. Anshul Varshney