Suggest treatment for nausea, cold and metallic taste in mouth
Tell a few details.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
I would surely like to answer this query with my best concerns but I need to know a few details beforehand-
1)Did she lose her consciousness completely?
2)Has it happened to her before?
3)Was she having some kind of allergy,cold or sinus infection?
5)Was she on any medications?If yes-what?
Allergy,cold,sinus infection and some medications can commonly cause metallic taste.So,I would appreciate if you can follow-up the query with the above details so that I can answer this well.
2. completely out, fell over like a tree, into the cart, did not "crumble down"
3. Meds: celexa, trazadone. Has taken allergy medicine in the past but not lately. She said she was irritated in the store, had misplaced her bank card and was at the register when this happened.
4. She has gained about 30 lbs in the last year and eats horribly. She is a smoker.
thank you for your insight.
Syncope attack?How long did the unconsciousness last?
Thanks for being in follow-up with further details.
In background of the complete medical history,it appears that this event may be a syncopal episode.However, atypical seizure episode is another differential.
At this point,I would like to ask that-how long did the unconsciousness last?Did she have turning of neck towards one side,clinching of teeth or uprolling of eye balls?-These points may help to differentiate syncope from a seizure.Though,most likely chances are of it to be a syncope.
Please get the following investigations done-
Her BP should be checked in standing and supine position.
Meanwhile,put her on plenty of fluids.She should have abstinence from smoking and poor feeding habits.
If you have further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Metallic taste mouth with a cold
- Teeth sensitive to cold metallic taste mouth
- Cold coughing metallic taste in mouth
- Waves of nausea, headache, metallic taste in mouth
- Metallic taste in mouth chemotherapy treatment
- Metallic taste in mouth cold symptoms
- Headache nausea metallic taste mouth
- Suggest treatment for metallic taste caused by reaction to antibiotic
- Suggest natural treatment for metallic taste in mouth
- Migraines nausea metal taste in mouth causes