question-icon

Suggest treatment for narrow nasal airways

Posted on Fri, 22 Jul 2016
Question: I have narrow nasal airways (CT scan) and my nose stops up daily. I've been using Afrin since I was a child. I recently discovered foods to which I am sensitive (through LEAP testing) and avoiding them provides some relief, but not entirely. Is there a new surgery, using stents, to open the nasal airways? I'm afraid of the traditional surgery removing tissue to open the airways.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Traditional surgery is best to open the nasal airways.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Stents are used in surgically opened air passages.
So you have to get done surgery first.
Majority of times surgery opens the nasal passage.
But if patient still feels block then Stent placement is required.
So Honestly speaking, there is no alternative to surgical correction of nasal passage.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist