Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello Doctor,

I have a mouth ulcers in my mouth, and it is hurts when I stretch my mouth.
prescribe some cream
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow the Advises..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX, Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

Well, if this is the first time you've got the ulcers then, please note that mouth ulcers are most commonly due to improper brushing technique and hard bristles, so please get a toothbrush with a soft bristles(now a days there are even extra soft bristles available) and get in touch with a dentist to learn the proper technique of brushing..

There's also possiblity of sharp dental edges which may be aggravating this, can be easily find out during the dental check-up..

Along with this, you can apply ZYTEE-RB Dental gel (i.e. Choline salicylate 9% w/v, Benzalkonium chloride 0.02 %) 1-2 dps applied gently on the affected areas three times daily for next 3-4 days..

Also, start gargling with Chlorhexidine mouth wash three times daily for next one week..then twice daily for another few days..

Avoid spicy, salty and sour foods for the time being as they are quite prone to aggravate these.. avoid smoking/alcohol too(if you do)..

Just follow all these strictly, and do let me know if there's any further queries..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee