Suggest treatment for loose stool and fever

Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Food poisoning looks like,

I am having continuous throwing up, and feeling mild body temperature rise, loose stool.
can you help me with the right medications
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get your stool and blood examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist.

I will suggest you to take plenty of fluid and electral powder to prevent fluid and electrolyte insufficiency. Also take a course of probiotics. Meanwhile get your blood and stool examine (Complete haemogram and stool routine microscopy) to see for any infection and if it is there the a course of antibiotic like ofloxacin will also be required.
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you . Wish you a good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana