Suggest treatment for lesions that disappear on popping up

Dr. Praveen Rodrigues

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: molluscum or something else? popped the other day but looks to be healing. one doc said not molluscum but would like second opinion...i had molluscum ab 2 years ago but cleared up and am praying its not back
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Saw the clear digital photos. Not molluscum

Detailed Answer:
Hi there.
Clinically it does not appear to be a 'classical' molluscum Presentation.
If it popped & it is healing, let nature take its course. Even if it were Molluscum, they often heal on their own when popped & do not pop up thereafter.
Good Luck & Godspeed! Cheers.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 37 minutes later
ya i dont want to wait around for 6months for molluacum to go away again....i was thinking it could be an infected sebaceous gland....just hoping not molluscum....didnt look like it but i had my suspicions but it could just look that way due to healing
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Antibioitc cover preferable during procedure.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there. Understand your predicament.
Advice : visit a dermatologist, get it completely excised with a touch of TCA (trichloroacetic acid) or phenol applied to the base to chemically cauterize it & prevent any recurrence.
Cheers.
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 7 minutes later
i may just give it some time if you dont suspect molluscum abd see if it clears up